Electrified Rapid Transit Systems (ERTS) are attracting more and more attention from Municipalities and Transit Authorities. As the cost of fuel rises and environmental concerns become more critical, ERTS offer an appealing and viable alternative to congested highways and smog.
The physical properties inherent in a spun concrete pole ensure its consideration for any type of overhead electrical system. Trains, street cars and trolley buses all require support systems with minimal deflection and maximum aesthetic appeal. Spun concrete poles supply all this plus low initial cost, the installation savings of direct burial (baseplate poles are available), long life and zero maintenance. Spun concrete can readily be adapted to meet any specification whether single/double arms or catenary.
Advantages of StressCrete Spun Concrete:
- Centrifugally cast reinforced concrete pole combines elegance with durability plus high-density and high-strength concrete
- Spun concrete produces a hollow raceway within the pole providing a smooth conduit for electrical cables and embedment capabilities which are ideal for Smart City deployment projects
- Poles meet ASTM and CSA standards, as well as our own more demanding specifications
- Long service life, lifetime warranty and easy to maintain solution to provide a cost effective solution
- Each pole is produced to customer's exact specifications including choice of finishing